The first time I saw a girl come into the courtroom wearing pajama pants, I was shocked and thought it was funny...but now it is a daily occurrence. My favorite was the 40-ish year old man who wore Guitar Hero pajama pants when he spoke with the judge.
Some younger girls like to wear really short skirts and stiletto heals to court. These are not the sort of girls you would expect to wear such things, and would really look better in pajama pants.
I think bra wearing is optional, (as is showering and hair brushing) and super low rise pants with huge "tramp stamp" tattoos are the norm.
Gang members who come in wearing their colors and have big tattoos on their necks with their gang affiliation are very impressive to the judge and to juries.
Phones that ring loudly are also really appreciated by judges and juries, but not as impressive as the number of people who actually ANSWER their ringing phone and start talking loudly in court. One guy honestly was up testifying on the witness stand, and when his phone rang, he answered it. The judge gave him a piece of his mind, outside of the juror's presence.
Heroin is one hell of a drug, and every day people can be seen sitting waiting for their case to be called while trying hard to not pass out--pretending to look at their phones. Today there were three people in one hearing that were that out of it.
I always feel like I need to be hosed off after hearings in the main courtroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment