When someone is in jail waiting to be tried for a major
crime, time moves very slowly and there is a lot of time to contemplate life,
but some choose to spend a fair amount of time calling their loved ones.
One lovely conversation I heard was between a man in jail
and his wife of 10 years. He started out
calling her every few days to check in and tell her he loved her and thanked
her for being there for him. That didn't
last long and soon he was asking her for money.
Here is an example of their conversations:
Him:" Hi honey--it's so good to talk to you. I miss you so much."
Her: "I miss you
too. How has everything been
going?"
Him: "Fine. Hey,
I need you to deposit $50 so I can get a tattoo, and put $50 in John Smith's
account too, because I am going to help bail him out so he can rob someone and
get bail money to get me out of here."
Her: "I don't have that amount of money, I can give you
$25, but that is all I have."
Him: "What the f*ck do you mean you don't have the
money you f*cking wh*re! You need to get
your fat ass out there and get me some mother f*cking money or I will make sure
you are hurt real bad."
Two days later...
Him: "Hi Honey, I am really sorry I lost it like that
the other day. Being here has gotten me
down a little and I never meant to hurt you."
Her: "It's ok, I am sure it sucks being there. I love you."
Him:" I love you too.
Do you have any more money you can give me? I really need to help John bail out and I
want that tattoo real bad."
Her: "I don't have any more money, I am sorry, but I
will have $30 on Friday."
Him: "You
f*cking b*tch...you know I need money and you refuse to give me any. I can't handle you and your sh*t anymore--we
are done."
The next day...
Him: "Hi Honey, I am so sorry I flipped out like
that..."
...and on it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment